Sep 17, 2015
Dubai, UAE; December 27, 2015:
- Exclusive premiere of Kösem Sultan on January 3, 2016
- OSN is the official distributor and broadcaster in the region of the chart-topping series
- OSN Ya Hala HD continues to bring the best of Turkish and Arabic premium content to viewers
In a ground-breaking deal, OSN, the region’s leading pay-TV network, announced its lifetime, exclusive broadcast and distribution rights of the much anticipated series, Kösem Sultan
, which will mark its exclusive premiere on OSN Ya Hala HD on January 3, 2016. The long-term agreement underlines OSN’s commitment to ensuring that its subscribers have first and exclusive access to the biggest shows.
is a spin-off of the popular Hareem Al Sultan
, which recorded the highest viewership among all Arabic and Turkish series since its premiere on OSN. The highly anticipated series is set in the early 17th century, 50 years after the death of Sultan Sulaiman in Hareem Al Sultan.
Award winning actress Beren Saat plays the role of Kösem Sultan. Adored for her charm and radiance, she is known for her role in Ishq Mamnoua
Khulud Abu Homos, Executive Vice President - Programming & Creative Services of OSN, said: “This is a momentous partnership that gives OSN exclusive rights to one of the most-talked about series of all time, further reinforcing our primary commitment as the leading entertainment platform. We provide the best of Arabic and Turkish series and movies the region has to offer, highlighted by the success of Hareem Al Sultan
“The attention to details and a compelling story-line add up to make Kösem Sultan
one of the most-awaited productions. The show will be available with English subtitles owing to popular demand so everyone can enjoy this fantastic drama series.”
created by the makers of the acclaimed Hareem Al Sultan, was produced after a year and a half long period of preparations, meticulous work on every detail from décors and costumes to music. It disentangles the life of Kösem with years spent in key positions of the dynasty and the state, while shedding light on her personal side - the love, power struggles, great victories and overwhelming defeats.
will premiere on January 3, 2016, at 9pm KSA, only on OSN Ya Hala HD. Viewers can also watch the series ‘On Demand’ on OSN Plus HD, or catch up on OSN Play anytime, anywhere – subtitled in English.
For the detailed schedule, please log on to: www.osn.com
Kösem Sultan Production Details:
Photo Caption: From left to right - Khulud Abu Homos, Executive Vice President of Programming & Creative Services, Programming of OSN; Timur Savci, CEO Tims Production; David Butorac, CEO of OSN and Izzet Pinto CEO Global Agency
Note to Editors
- Vocals recorded by American singer Azam Ali who has performed vocals in world renowned productions including Matrix Revolutions, True Blood, Prison Break and The Fight Club.
- For Kösem Sultan, aside from the 11,500 square metre indoor set, a giant city of 29,625 square metres was built in Hadımköy
- The city set includes mainly the Topkapı Palace, the two entrances of the palace, the Old Palace, Janissary Guild, caravanserai, harbour, coffee houses and Foreigners’ Bazaar. The era of Kösem Sultan will be relived in this almost real life like city set.
- Total length of materials used in the preparation of the costumes for Magnificent Century Kösem is 10 kilometers
- 30 recordings were made with the Prague Philharmonic Orchestrate conducted by Adam Klemens
- 350 people worked in the building of the big city set
- There were 600 VFX sequences in the first episode
- 700 costumes were prepared for only the first episode
- 800 tiaras, headdresses and hats were prepared
- 3,000 actors were interviewed domestically and abroad during the casting
- 11,500 square metres - indoor area measure of the city set was built
- 29,625 square metres - outdoor area measure of the city set built
OSN is the ultimate destination for the widest choice of brand new premium Western, Arabic, South Asian (Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Malayalam and Tamil) and Filipino entertainment in the Middle East and Africa.
OSN is the home to over 150 channels and services filled with great value entertainment, offering viewers in the MENA region exclusive access to the latest blockbuster movies, top rated series, sports, documentaries, news, kid’s entertainment and live talk shows. The movie offering includes over a 100 uncut and uninterrupted movie premieres a month.
OSN boasts the most comprehensive portfolio of exclusive rights from all the major studios including Warner Brothers, Paramount, Fox, Disney, Sony, MGM, NBC Universal, HBO and DreamWorks and offers access to the world’s leading television brands including Disney channel, Sky News, Discovery Network and National Geographic.
Launched in August 2013, OSN Pehla brings the best of Bollywood movies and premium cricket, including exclusive telecast rights of international tournaments such as the ICC Cricket World Cup and Indian cricket, through leading sports channels OSN Sports Cricket HD and Ten Cricket.
As the leader in innovation, OSN has changed the TV viewing experience by bringing quality entertainment through 59 High Definition channels and is currently the only network offering a full HD bouquet of channels as well as 3D entertainment in the region.
OSN was the first to launch the OSN DVR HD; the regions first online TV platform, OSN Play; the regions first 3D, HD, internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder, OSN Plus HD and the region’s first VOD service, OSN on Demand offering viewers the opportunity to watch over 1000 movies and 52 latest seasons of the top series, all available in full HD quality and Dolby Digital sound.
September 2012 saw the launch of OSN’s rewards programme, OSN Privileges, offering subscribers money can’t buy experiences, special offers and premium prizes all year round.
Addressing the changing viewing habits of consumers across the region, in May 2014, OSN launched ‘GO’, an online TV service providing subscribers access to thousands of hours of premium entertainment, contract and commitment-free.
The OSN platform is owned and operated by Panther Media Group Limited; a company registered in DIFC, and is owned by KIPCO and Mawarid Group Limited.