- What information we collect about you and when we collect it
- What we use that information for
- When we may use that information to contact you
- Whether we share any information with other parties and why
- How you can control the way we use your information
- This Policy will apply to you and your personal data if you:
- Visit any of our websites which are associated with our products like www.osn.com, https://myosn.osn.com or OSN’s dedicated streaming website
- use or register for any of our platforms like MyOSN, OSN’s dedicated streaming service
- download or register to use any of our mobile applications, like MyOSN and OSN’s streaming application
- connect your set top box to the internet
- use or receive any of our services (Services) including receiving and watching any of the OSN channels and packages, watching any on-demand content, purchasing any movies, using the OSN Store or streaming OSN content via our online streaming service
- entering into one of our competitions or prize draws
- are a member of any of our research panels or agree to engage in any surveys run by us or our customer satisfaction partners
- send us messages, emails or use our online chat function
- interact with any of our content or adverts on social media
What information do you collect about me and when?
- Information you give us. When you register for any of our Services or sign up to any of our platforms you may be asked to provide certain information. The information that we collect will depend on the platform for which you register. Information that you might be asked for include the following:
- Your name
- Your residential address
- Your date of birth
- You gender
- Your nationality
- Your email address
- Your mobile phone number
- Your viewing preferences and tastes
- Your billing information
You might also provide us with information if you:
- Contact our customer services to discuss the Service we provide you
- Enter into any of our subscriber exclusive competitions
- Agree to participate in any of our customer surveys. Please note that these are often run by third party partners who may also have their own privacy policies. This Policy only covers how we use your data.
- Information we collect about you automatically. When you receive any of our Services, use our websites or mobile applications or otherwise interact with OSN, we automatically collect certain data. This might include the following:
- Your computer’s IP address
- Your browser type, version and any browser plug-ins you are using
- What device and operating system you are using
- Your time zone setting
- Details about your visit to any of our websites, applications or platforms, which might include page response times, download errors, the length of your visit, what you clicked on or searched for, what you added into your basket but did not purchase and various other click information (like scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
- Where you use the OSN online streaming service, the content you have downloaded and watched
- Information from your connected Set Top Box. In order to ensure we keep up to date with our viewer’s preferences, if your set top box is connected to the internet, we collect information about your viewing habits. This might include:
- What shows you have watched
- What shows you have downloaded
- Any series that you set to series record
- What movies or other content you purchase from any of our stores
- Various other activity you undertake when using our Services
- Information we receive from other sources. When we provide our Services to you, we often work with other partners to do this. For example, we work with payment providers like Mastercard and Visa and companies who help us to analyze your use of our Services, so that we can provide a better service to you. We may also work with other websites who might link to our website, in which case we receive information about where you heard about our site.
What Will You Use My Information For?
We will only use your personal information in accordance with the laws that apply in the country in which you are located. By way of example, we may process your data as follows:
- It is necessary for us to perform our contract with you. For example, we will need to use your data to undertake the following actions:
- To set up your Services, including installing all your equipment and helping you get started
- To process and respond to any enquiries you have about our Services
- To administer your account with us, including taking payment for your subscription and any other purchases
- To send you updates on OSN Store credits, any expiring credit and any ways in which you can win or get free OSN Store credit
- To confirm your payment, any purchases or other information linked to your use of your account and our Services
- To analyse or predict aspects concerning your personal preferences or interests in order to improve or enhance the delivery of the WAVO Service
- To provide you with any additional products that you choose to purchase, like movies, pack upgrades and more
- To administer any competitions or prize draws that you enter into
- To audit your usage of our Services
- To retrieve any hardware provided by us after your subscription ends
- For billing and payment processing and to communicate with you regarding any late payments
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation that is placed on us. For example:
- responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- complying with any applicable legislation.
- It is necessary for the purposes of any legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party. For example:
- To monitor and improve our business, products and Services
- To analyse or predict aspects concerning your personal preferences or interests in order to improve or enhance the delivery of our Services
- To notify you of movies, shows and other content we think you will like based on the things you have told us about yourself or on your viewing habits
- For market research, statistical and survey purposes, research, testing, and troubleshooting
- For marketing (whether direct marketing or any other form of marketing):
- Sending you information related to our products and services, events and special offers, special promotional offers or initiatives such as a loyalty programs
- For other marketing purposes to send you direct marketing (this may include communications by telephone, SMS, email, push notifications via our applications, via social media, through our services and or other means of direct and indirect communication that may allow us to reach you)
- Carrying out business development including sending information about promotions and details of events
- To provide you with personalized services, such as providing you with viewing recommendations and content updates and special offers tailored for you (This means that we have your agreement to utilize information about you on the devices you use, and accordingly help us serve you better by presenting you personalized content selections, promotions, offers and other benefits that are exclusive to our subscribers)
Do you Share My Personal Information with Third Parties?
We may share your personal information with third parties
- If you have asked us to or given us permission to
- Where we use other companies to power our Services. For example:
- Installation partners who we appoint to install the Services at your home
- Subscriber management partners who provide us with customer management services
- Analytical partners who assist us to monitor our web traffic and improve our Services
- Customer satisfaction partners who may contact you to ensure you are satisfied with our Services and to hear your recommendations
- Technology partners who provide and maintain our platforms, including but not limited to NeuLion Inc, the provider who manages the OSN online streaming platform
- Where we wish to tailor our advertising to you, to ensure that you only receive targeted marketing which is relevant to you. This is carried out through our third-party social media advertising partners like Facebook, Google, Snapchat and Twitter or other third-party digital marketing providers. This type of social media and digital advertising allows us to ensure that you only see adverts that are relevant to you. Where we undertake this targeted advertising, the social media company and/or digital advertising companies will only be able to see your email address if you already have an account with them and they already have your address themselves.
- To arrange the collection of late payments through a debt collection agency.
- To analyze viewer preferences and conduct surveys to allow us to create lookalike audiences that are similar to you, to help us reach people who have your same interests as identified by the social media and digital advertising companies. Where we undertake this kind of audience analysis, the social media company and/or digital advertising companies will only be able to see your email address if you already have an account with them and they already have your address themselves.
- If it is necessary to arrange the receipt of a prize you have won after entering into one of our competitions, which we have run in conjunction with a third party and that third party is providing the prize
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If OSN, its business, or its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its users, suppliers, or customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or if we are required to do so by a legal process. For example, to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect the rights, property, or safety of our subscribers or customers or for the purposes of crime prevention and fraud protection.
- If we are requested by law enforcement authorities or other government officials
- In the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing in compliance with any Prevention of Money Laundering regulations and for the purposes of preventing any operation related to money laundering or terrorism financing, in which case we may disclose your personal information to any competent administrative or judicial authority
We use up to date information storage and security to hold your personal information securely in electronic and physical form to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. Whilst we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to secure and safeguard your personal information, we will not be held responsible for any unauthorised access by third parties and we cannot guarantee that the personal information provided by you or that is transmitted via the Services or by e-mail, SMS, push or online is totally secure and safe and you provide it at your own risk.
It may sometimes be necessary for us to share your personal information with our affiliate companies who have offices around the Middle East region. It may also be necessary for us to share your personal information with associated professional services firms around the world who provide services to us or on our behalf (including data storage facilities or online storage located within or outside your country of residence, which may be operated by independent service contractors). This will entail a transfer of your personal data to another country. Some of these countries do not provide the same level of data protection as the country in which you reside and are not recognized by the competent authority under the applicable laws as providing an adequate level of protection. However, we have procedures in place to ensure the protection of your personal information. These procedures include putting steps in place to ensure that all such entities keep your personal information confidential and secure and only use it for the purposes that we have specified and communicated to you. We also conduct due diligence on our partners and ensure that any data storage centers we use to store your personal data employ best practice data protection technologies.
When we transfer your information to other countries, we will use, share and safeguard that information as described in this Policy. We only transfer personal information to these countries, with your consent or when it is necessary for the services we provide to you or subject to appropriate safeguards that assure the protection of your personal information.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
We often send targeted marketing communications which may include:
- Details of new shows and content coming up that we think you will like
- Ways in which you can win or top up your OSN Store credit
- The release of any mega hit titles
- New Services we are adding including new packages, pay per view content and movies
- Invitations to participate in competitions
- Other special offers such as discounted movie rentals, OSN store credit top ups and offers
If you would like to opt out of these communications, you can follow the ‘unsubscribe’ instructions on the communication. To stop receiving push notifications, please turn off push on your device. Please note that unsubscribing may not remove you from all communications because some communications are necessary for us to administer your account with us.
We are continually finding ways to improve our subscriber’s viewing experience and we communicate these to our subscribers via our marketing communications. If you do opt out, you will miss out on information about upcoming new shows, promotions, offers and other benefits that are exclusive to our subscribers. You may also miss out on show recommendations selected for you by reference to your viewing tastes.
Your Data Protection Rights
Your data protection rights and your right to request erasure will vary based upon your country of residence. Whilst OSN strives to treat your data with respect and will consider all requests, please click on your country of residence to see your specific rights. Please note that no erasure requests will be accepted from countries in which an erasure regime is not present:
- All other
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
- We will retain your personal information for the length of time permitted by law.
Links to Third Party Sites
If you visit one of our sites, it may link to other unaffiliated third-party websites. Please note that OSN is not, and cannot, control or be responsible for the content or privacy and confidentiality practices of any third-party websites. You must always carefully review the privacy and confidentiality policy of any third-party website that you may visit in order to understand how the operators of that Website may collect, store and use your personal information.
We may from time to time make changes to this Policy. Please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this Policy. These changes are effective immediately, after they are posted on this page.